You are here
Be sure to verify whether a contract already exists before submitting a request for a new contract -
View / Search Agency Contracts
Process for New Clinical Affiliation Agreement
Initiate a New Contract form is completed by student
- (LPN-BSN, RN--BSN, Advanced Practice students: For most efficient use of resources of both Indiana State University and the agencies, PLEASE do not initiate contracts until you are formally admitted to the nursing program (not conditional admission; not Indiana State University admission)
- Request for new clinical affiliation agreement is received by the Contract Coordinator.
- Agency is contacted by the Nursing Contract Coordinator to verify willingness to serve as a clinical site.
- Standard agreement is sent to Agency for signatures or standard agreement for the Agency is sent to Indiana State University.
- Agreement is sent back to Indiana State University from Agency, with signatures if Indiana State University's standard agreement is used
- Time frame: 2 weeks - 1 month.*
All contracts must be reviewed / approved by the Office of the General Counsel and the Office of Risk Management.
- Time frame: 1 week - 2 weeks.
Upon receipt of standard agreement from facility or approved standard ISU agreement from the Office of the General Counsel and the Office of Risk Management it is then routed to the Dean of College of Health and Human Services for final signature.
- Fully executed agreement is returned to the Nursing Contract Coordinator.
- One copy of fully executed agreement is kept by Nursing Contract Coordinator and Office of General Counsel, another is sent to the Agency.
- Some steps may be completed more quickly or more slowly depending on the circumstances. Time frame: depending upon requested contract revisions most contracts can be executed from two (2) to six (6) weeks.
- Average times for the entire process of setting up a new agreement can take up to two (2) months, but may take longer.
- Please keep this in mind when deciding how soon to initiate a new agreement for the following semester.