You are here
Bachelor of Social Work
4 year program of study (various program options )
- leading to the Bachelor of Social Work degree (BSW)
- prepares for entry level generalist practice
- Graduates of the Indiana State University BSW program are well prepared to
- Accredited by the Council on Social Work Education (CSWE)
- Guided by the CSWE Curriculum Educational Policy and Accreditation Standards (EPAS) (Appendix A).
- Students are to familiarize themselves with this document, which sets forth the conditions for accreditation but most importantly, drives the curriculum of the Indiana State University BSW Program.
- The Program’s mission , goals, and objectives clearly reflect concurrence with the EPAS’s view of social work baccalaureate education.
- The EPAS set the parameters for all social work programs,
- provide guidelines for course work as well as the practica
- The Indiana State University Program’s curriculum supports a strong liberal arts foundation.
- The curriculum integrates:
- Social work values and ethics and principles of ethical decision-making as presented by the National Association of Social Workers Code of Ethics
- Understanding, affirmation, and respect for people from diverse backgrounds
- The promotion of social and economic justice
- Populations-at-risk, examining the factors that contribute to and constitute being at risk
- Foundation content areas of
- Human Behavior and the Social Environment (HBSE)
- Social welfare policy and services
- Social work research
- Social work practice
- Field education
- February 1, 2017
- Application form
Want more information?
Complete a request for information
The BSW program is Accredited by the Council on Social Work Education