You are here
Accelerated 2nd Degree Track - BSN
Want more information? Complete our Information Request form.
Please note this is NOT an online program / track.
For students who have earned a baccalaureate or higher degree in another discipline
- 15 month course of study (consecutive summer, fall, spring, and summer semesters)
- Students must commit to full-time study in order to complete the program in 15 months as designed.
- The sequence of courses will only be taught once annually
- To provide the best chance for success, students should not be employed more than 12 hours per week while completing the program
- Campus track
- Please note this is NOT an online program / track.
- Annual admission
There is one application cycle annually for our Accelerated 2nd Degree Track for students who have earned a Bachelor’s in another field.
Applicants are ranked using three criteria:
- Cumulative pre-requisite course GPA;
- Science GPA (anatomy, physiology, chemistry, microbiology and their accompanying labs); and
- Admission exam scores.
Averages for recently admitted students are:
- Cumulative Pre-Requisite Course GPA: 3.41
- Science GPA: 3.36
- Kaplan Admission Test (KAT) Overall Score: 78%
- March 15 for Summer admission
All pre-requisites must be completed or enrolled in at the time of application for admission to the accelerated 2nd degree track.
- Applicants with all pre-requisite courses completed at the time of application will be eligible for an early decision and will be notified of admission decisions approximately one month after the application deadline.
- If the maximum cohort capacity has not been met, students enrolled in pre-requisite courses at the time of application will be considered after final grades for all applicants have been received. (Please note there may be less than one week between notification and the start of classes.)
- All pre-requisite courses must have been successfully completed within the last ten years.
- Courses completed more than ten years ago must be repeated.
- Admission Criteria - includes pre-requisites
- Essential Abilities
- Admission Testing
- Application Process
- Application Form
- Forms for completion of application
- Eligibility for Application for RN Licensure-Legal Limitations Notification (signed form)
- Student Outcomes Assessment Memorandum of Understanding (signed form)
- Nursing Program Immunization Record (completed and signed by applicant and healthcare provider)
- Documentation must meet the specifications outlined in the Student Health policy
- Copy of results of a national level criminal background check (to be completed within three months of application deadline)
- Proof of current Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation (CPR) Certification for the Healthcare Provider (include a copy of the signed card in your portfolio and bring your original signed card when submitting OR include a copy of the certificate)
- Proof of a negative ten panel drug screening from Right Choice (to be completed within 30 days of application)
- Copy of Kaplan Admission Test (KAT) results reflecting achievement of established benchmarks for current application cycle
- Application Form
- Advanced Standing